WAS-H is looking to fill the position of Social Media Coordinator
Summary: The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the Watercolor Art Society – Houston (WAS-H) social media strategy to increase engagement, customer service, and sales. This position will report to the Marketing/PR Director.
• Design, schedule, and interact on social media on behalf of WAS-H.
• Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
• Develop engaging content for social media platforms.
• Maintain a unified brand voice.
• Support the WAS-H editorial calendar via social media.
• Interact daily on platforms and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and
• Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
• Thoughtfully edit written, video, and photo content.
• Appreciation for the arts.
• Passion for social media.
• Proficiency with major social media platforms and management tools, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and scheduling platforms like Buffer.
• Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends.
• Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented approach.
• Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats is a plus!
Work Hours: This part-time remote position is perfect for a student, sole-proprietor, or volunteer looking to build their portfolio. The role is a one-year internship and includes support and encouragement to build a portfolio with samples, metrics, and letters of recommendation.
WAS-H is an internationally recognized art society, and this role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to work in the art or social media industries.
Apply Now: send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media Coordinator.”