By Karen Stopnicki, President
Dear WAS-H Friends,
I am so excited about Fall activities at WAS-H, and I hope you will be too! On the menu are lots of new classes, the Annual Members Exhibit, the Art Fair, a major workshop with Ken Call, monthly meetings with demo artists, monthly paint-ins, and more. But no pumpkin spice, I am sorry to say, you will need to visit (or avoid depending on how you feel) your local coffee shop for your pumpkin spice needs.
If you are planning to enter the September Gallery Exhibit, the theme is “Experimental” and registration closes on Wednesday, Sept. 6 @ 3pm. The prospectus and a registration link can be found in this newsletter.
On Sunday, September 10 at 2pm, WAS-H will host our first Fall General Meeting, Demo, and Awards Presentation for the September Gallery Show. Following a short meeting of announcements, Annette Palmer with Archway Gallery will present a lively demo. She is also the judge for the September Gallery Show and will have comments on the winning paintings at the reception. Put it on your calendar, and plan to bring a friend!
If you have been thinking of taking a class, whether to learn a new technique, refine your skills or enjoy class time with fellow artists, check out our updated Education Calendar, Classes and Workshops. We have new classes, new instructors, and both in-person and online options in our robust offerings.
Check out these upcoming key events:
- The Annual Members Exhibit (AME) opens for registration on Tuesday, September 13. The Awards Reception will be on Sunday, October 1.
- The Ken Call major workshop on Monday, October 2 thru Wednesday October 4 is sold out, but you can get on the waitlist if interested.
- The Art Fair is planned for Saturday October 21. It is a great opportunity to sell your work, meet the community and enjoy being with fellow WAS-H members on a nice Saturday in October.
- Senior group, an ongoing gathering for people 55+, is back with artist facilitators beginning in September.
- Open Studio is “open” on Friday mornings and many Monday evenings. Check the website and register to save your spot.
- Paint-Ins are back in session! The September Paint-In with Diann Zimmerman is at waitlist only, the October Paint-In with Joanie Hughes has a few spots left.
I keep reading articles about arts workshops and classes filling up with people who want to connect with others instead of screens. Creating art, seeing art, and connecting with artists and art-lovers can be reinvigorating and a great way to relieve stress. Please make time this Fall to visit WAS-H to see what we have to offer. I hope to see you at WAS-H soon!
Karen Houston Stopnicki