After a few years hiatus, the “Clothesline Sale”/ Art Fair is coming back to WAS-H this fall! This had been an annual event up until Covid restrictions, and is a way for members to sell their water media artwork to the neighbors and friends of WAS-H. It is coordinated with the Annual Membership Exhibition, to highlight our beautiful building, and a stellar show of artwork. Art connoisseurs can peruse the art for sale and meander inside to see the show and award-winning paintings. The sale is advertised through the WAS-H website, with postcards that can be mailed and handed out and with posters in the area so that attendance is maximized. Banners will be outside to catch the eyes of passersby.
Interested in selling your artwork? Here are the basics you need to know about the sale……
• The date is: Saturday, October 8 from 11am – 4pm, rain or shine.
• Sign-up online thru the WAS-H website, like the classes, a credit card is all you need.
• The sale is outside in the parking lot. One table and 2 chairs in each space.
• There are a small number of spaces available for tents – BYOTent!!
• In the event of rain, the sale moves inside the building, it’s a tight fit, but doable!
• Sales are handled by WAS-H, 25% commission, just like the gallery.
• Sales may include: any water media art, including prints or cards.
• Framed or matted artwork is fine, but it must be clearly priced
• No paintings may be priced under $30, except for cards
• There are under 30 spaces available, but spaces may be shared.
• If you share a space, you both must sign up individually.
• Bring your own print bins or baskets/boxes to display work.
This will also make it easier to move if the weather takes a turn
• Participants must volunteer for two additional activities:
1. Cashier desk duties during the event and
2. Volunteer for the set-up crew (9:30 am) or takedown (4 pm)
• Participants must attend a meeting prior to the Sale to ensure things run smoothly.
• We also welcome all WAS-H volunteers who choose not to sell.
To put on an event like this, it takes everyone to pitch in and help with the coordination - so thank you in advance doing your part to make this event successful!
The Art Fair has been a great way to do community outreach, find local patrons of the arts and to clear out everyone’s studios as well as make some money for more art supplies!! Past Art Fairs have racked up close to $10,000 in sales – so sign up early to ensure your space is reserved!
How to register: Go to the WAS-H website (www.watercolorhouston.org), look under "Activities" and select "Art Fair", or click on the link below:
REGISTER FOR THE 2022 ART FAIR HERE