CHINESE BRUSH PAINTING: THE ELEGANT EGRET -- Peihong Endris
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. August 23, 24, 25. 9:30 - 3:30 $150
Chinese brush painting provides a wonderful opportunity to closely observe nature. One key element of the distinctive style is the influence the materials have on form and technique. Using the egret as subjects, we will learn the importance of simplicity in this medium. Each technique will be introduced with hands-on, step-by-step instruction. all experience levels are welcome.
Chinese Brush Painting Supply List
1. Brushes: a small combination brush, a large combination brush. a large hard bristle brush, a small hard bristle brush (it's brown color on the bristle), a fine pointed brush.
2. Paper: any kind of absorbent rice paper as a pad or a roll or sheets
3. a box of Marie's Chinese watercolor 12 or 18 tubes
4. a bottle of Sumi-e ink
5. a painting mat
6. couple of pallets
7. two paper weights as rocks, a roll of paper towel
8. a wash jar or a small container