PORTRAIT PAINTING - Prof. Mohammad Ali Bhatti
February 12, 19, 26, March 12 $150
Study portrait painting with Prof. Bhatti, the winner of the 2018 Annual Member Exhibit (with his painting "Mystic Connection, left). This class is designed for learning the basics of portraits painting in watercolor medium. The focus will be upon painting faces, eyes, nose, lips, hair and backgrounds. We will learn to create human form, tonality, color values, transparent layering technique and coloring skills. Artists who are interested in portrait painting will enjoy peers critique sessions during regular demos in the class. Portrait painting itself is a fun for many reasons; it is thrilling and exciting as well as challenging when painting with watercolor. The class will work individually as well as in groups.
Art supply list
- Graphite Pencils: HB, 2B (preferable)
- Watercolor brushes: # 02 - # 06 natural squirrel hair
- Watercolor paints, professional grade (brand of your choice)
- Watercolor palette and related painting supplies (water container, paper towels, etc.)
- 140 lb. Arches paper (a few ¼ size sheets)
- Light weight drawing board
- Eraser – masking tape – sharpener – etc.
Note: Bring good quality portrait photos/prints (6x6 inches) of your choice as reference for drawing/painting.
firstname.lastname@example.org 281-818-6893 Click here to visit his website.