SEEKING MAJOR WORKSHOP COORDINATOR
For the March 2023 Major Workshop with Brenda Swenson, WAS-H is seeking an individual to serve as the Workshop Coordinator.
The Workshop Coordinator plans and carries out the logistics of the Workshop, which requires time and effort before, during and after the Workshop. In exchange for serving as Workshop Coordinator, you will be compensated with a complimentary seat in the Workshop, a value of $550.*
The Workshop Coordinator's first priority is attending to the needs of the classroom, which requires:
• communicating directly with the Artist instructor and the 20 students starting 2 months before the Workshop (January 5)
• assembling pre-workshop materials and instructions and disseminating information to all participants
• setting up the classroom at the start and end of each day
• preparing coffee and organizing snacks
• organizing daily lunch period
• facilitating participant introductions at outset of the Workshop
• familiarizing participants with safety exits, masking requirement, and classroom-comportment protocols
• assisting the Artist-Instructor as required, e.g., refreshing Artist's water, timekeeping, driving the projection camera to ensure Instructor's work is visible to the class
• monitoring the classroom, identifying real-time needs and taking corrective actions
• maintaining order and enforcing students' adherence to safety, masking and comportment protocols
• gathering student and Instructor feedback
• preparing a post-Workshop report for the Board of Directors.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
• membership in WAS-H
• proficiency in planning and organizing
• proficiency in spoken and written communications
• proven leadership
• willingness and ability to enforce rules and regulations
• completion of WAS-H's Class Monitor training or willingness to learn
• familiarity with operating classroom A/V equipment or willingness to learn.
Experience from having attended a Major Workshop is desirable.
If you are interested in being considered for the Workshop Coordinator position, please contact Donna Van Fleet at email@example.com
*The IRS regards this form of compensation as taxable, and WAS-H will provide the Workshop Coordinator with a 1099 Form for tax purposes.